Dear Mrs. Rucker’s class,
How are you? I am doing fine. It is rainy today. We were going to go to the Eden Project, but we can’t because it is rainy. I like having a day at home.
Now I am going to tell you some new words I have learned. Spellings means Spelling. Maths mean math. My school cardigan is a button up sweatshirt. My sweatshirt is called a jumper. The uniform dress I wear is called a pinafore.
On Monday mornings, I write in my weekend journal about what I did that weekend. I have a Class 2 Sound Lab. It is where you do things in science. In this room there is a megaphone, paper cup and string telephones, a bottle organ, and a balloon thing where you can hear vibrations.
We have to change into our P.E. kits at P.E. We wear a track suit or just a white t-shirt with dark pants and trainers, which are tennis shoes. This is what I wear. Rebecca just got a track suit to wear.
Love, Gwendolyn
P.S. Please write back and tell me what you are doing in class. I miss you.
From Christine: The rain eased up that day, and we did end up going to The Eden Project (http://www.edenproject.com/), which is the top eco visitor attraction in Britain and only 30 miles from here. Gwendolyn was disappointed at first to lose her day at home, but she ended up really enjoying the experience, especially the Tropical Rainforest Biome. See our Return to Eden post for pictures and details about our day.
Yeah for Science!!!! I'm so glad to hear about all of the exciting things you are doing in school! I can 't wait to hear more about the Eden Project! Love and miss you lots
ReplyDeleteAunt Janice and Aunt Paige
Xoxo
Dear Gwendolyn,
ReplyDeleteI also like a day at home but it is fun to get out and see new things, too! I am so glad you were able to visit the Eden Project. Your Mom tells us it was a fun day! Enjoy your science projects!
Laurie