Saturday, January 15, 2011

Our Time in London - by Rebecca Anderson

When we landed in London, we got our luggage. Then they looked at our passports and visas. When they had finished, we got on a train and then we stopped and took a taxi to our hotel. At our hotel we had breakfast and then we all napped (because we were jet lagged). And it must have been a long time because we were all saying "we got to England yesterday, we got to England yesterday." When we finished with our naps, we went to Hyde Park and rode a few rides at their winter carnival type thing. Then we went back to the hotel. The next day we rode three or four double decker buses and then we went to Hamley's and Gwendolyn bought a Zhu-Zhu pet. At Trafalgar Square I saw the actual inch, foot, and yard. It was fun to see the things that I had learned in school. We saw the Horse Guards and I got to stand next to them and get my picture taken. Then we saw Big Ben and rode the London Eye. We went back to our hotel tired and cold. We were happy to think about the warm hotel room.


Rebecca standing with the Imperial Standards of Length in Trafalgar Square, London.

1 comment:

  1. Somehow the comment I posted didn't post! Essentially Rebecca, I said that I still have the journal that I kept when I was in London in the 4th grade and my writing and descriptions were no where near as good as yours! I am so impressed! Can't wait to read more!
    (and I am so glad your first day of school was a positive one for you!).

    ReplyDelete